International Industry Forum
The Russian Textile Industry: the Present and the Future
April 22–23, 2014
Conference Halls of Pavilions No.2 and 7, Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia
Within the Inlegmah'2014 Exhibition
The Russian Union of Entrepreneurs of Textile and Light Industry and Expocentre ZAO have enlisted the support of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade to run the first International Industry Forum for the Russian Textile Industry: the Past and the Present – Legpromforum'2014 – to professionally discuss main issues of development of the competitive textile industry in Russia and continuous measures aimed at supporting and upgrading Russian textile enterprises.
For effective development of the Russian textile industry, in terms of the common economic space and adapting to WTO, it is necessary to join the efforts of business community, federal and regional authorities, industrial unions and public associations. The participants in Legpromforum'2014 will discuss strategic objectives of the industry development and come up with measures aimed at developing industrial potential of the textile sector, upgrading the textile enterprises, supporting effective production projects, and ensuring their attraction as an investment.
The Forum programme features the most relevant issues of the industry development, such as raising its competitiveness, government support for development of priority textile industry sectors, upgrading textile enterprises, tax legislation development, measures aimed at prevention of counterfeiting and smuggling, industry performance in the WTO environment, issues concerning consolidation of textile industry professionals, etc.
Some issues, proposed for consideration at the Forum, were raised at the meeting devoted to the current problems of the light industry held by Russian President Vladimir Putin (March 7, 2013, Vologda).
Participation of foreign delegations (mainly, CES members) makes the Forum an international event. They are increasingly interested in the initiatives of the Russian Federation aimed at support of the Russian light industry.
- relevant strategic and practical information from heads of renowned enterprises, economists and textile industry professionals
- face-to-face interaction among top managers
- over 300 delegates from all over Russia and the CIS, among them representatives of the Russian Government, the Russian State Duma, heads of Russian ministries and executive departments, regional authorities, heads and specialists of the largest Russian and foreign companies, trade organizations, R&D centers, leading specialized universities, financial institutions, mass media representatives
- recommendations offered by the Forum delegates which will be submitted to authorities and professional communities, as well as mass media organizations.
- Government support for development of priority textile industry sectors. New opportunities to upgrade the textile industry
- Legislative development
- Prevention of counterfeiting and smuggling
- Adapting to WTO including compensation for losses incurred as a result of entering the organization
- Consolidation of textile industry professionals on the basis of the Russian Union of Entrepreneurs of Textile and Light Industry, etc.
Topics and programmes of sections are drawn up by working parties according to expert review of submitted reports and materials.
- Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation
- Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation
- Eurasian Economic Commission
- Industry associations and major companies